Cody Fisher Receives Work Ethic Scholarship from the Mike Rowe WORKS Foundation

Cody Fisher from Mountain Top, Pennsylvania received a 2020 Work Ethic Scholarship from the Mike Rowe WORKS Foundation. The $5,500 scholarship gives Cody the opportunity to focus on his hands-on education in the Carpentry & Cabinetmaking Technology Program.

Cody is a Crestwood High School graduate. He found out about the Work Ethic Scholarship after receiving a link to the Mike Rowe WORKS Foundation website. Cody knew he had to apply after he read the Foundation’s belief that skilled labor is the back bone of this country and how working hard and having passion in what you do are keys to successful careers.

“I was thrilled when I received the scholarship” said Cody. “It allows me to fully concentrate on my education at Johnson College so I can get out into the workforce sooner without having to worry as much about my college loans.” Cody continued, “Once I visited the Johnson College campus, met the faculty, and leaned about all the courses and hands-on labs, I knew it’s where I wanted to learn my trade. Plus, I’d be going to one of the top trade schools in the nation.”

“During Cody’s journey toward the 2020 Work Ethic Scholarship he displayed Guts, Grit, and Glory, values we share and hold dear at Johnson College,” said Dr. Katie Leonard, president and CEO of Johnson College. “When the opportunity presented itself, he rose to meet it; when there were challenges, he persevered; in the end, his hard work was rewarded by the Mike Rowe WORKS Foundation.”

The Mike Rowe WORKS Foundation’s Work Ethic Scholarship Program recognizes people who understand the importance of personal responsibility, delayed gratification, a positive attitude, and, of course, work ethic. The hardworking men and women who keep the lights on, water running, and air flowing—the next generation of skilled workers who will work smart and hard. These are the folks they consider rock stars, and we want to reward them. Learn more about the Mike Rowe Works Foundation at https://www.mikeroweworks.org/.