Dear Campus Community,
For the safety of our students and for their loved ones, we have made the decision to postpone our annual commencement ceremony to Saturday, August 8th, 2020 at 10:00 A.M. at the Theater at North [1539 N. Main Ave. in Scranton]. During this extraordinary time, Johnson College believes you should still have the opportunity to celebrate this occasion with your classmates, teachers, families, and friends.
A graduation practice will take place on Friday, August 7th, 2020 at 9 A.M. in the Moffat Building.
Students will still receive their cap and gown, have the opportunity to meet with college administrators, and will receive tickets for the event. The Office of the Registrar will also still issue diplomas to students.
Johnson College will have more information regarding Grad Finale and Awards Night in the coming weeks.
Our annual Commencement Ceremony will take place on Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 10:00 A.M. at the Theater at North [1539 N. Main Ave. in Scranton].
Information for Graduates:
If you need to apply for graduation and have not done so, email the registrar office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Order your cap & gown:
Caps and gowns will be ordered through an online form. No payment is necessary at time of ordering, just choose “Pick Up at Grad Finale” in step 6. Your cap and gown will be shipped to Johnson College for pick up at Grad Finale. To place an order, each graduate will need to know their height and weight. Keep an eye on the JC Buzz Newsletter for when the form becomes available or visit here: Order Cap & Gown
This event is held in two sessions to allow for all graduates to attend. Students will fulfill all obligations regarding the senior exit survey, financial aid, student business services, and the registrar. This is when students will receive caps, gowns, and three  commencement tickets.
Choose from one of the following dates:
**Please bring your parking pass to Grad Finale to return to Student Engagement.
- Friday, August 7th, 2020 at 9:00 A.M. Report promptly to Commencement Rehearsal in the Moffat Gym.
- Appropriate attire:
- Gentlemen – Slacks, shirt, necktie, shoes and socks.
- Ladies – Dress pants and blouse or a casual dress.
- You must bring your cap, tassel, and gown with you, making certain your gown is pressed.
- Class pictures will be taken following commencement practice. **Class pictures will be available after the commencement ceremony. More details will be available at rehearsal. Questions? Reach out to the College Advancement office at 570-702-8963.
- PLEASE NOTE: It is our desire that your graduation be as near perfect as possible. This requires the presence, on time, at the rehearsal of ALL CANDIDATES FOR GRADUATION. PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO BE EXCUSED.
- Commencement Ceremony: Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 10:00 A.M.*
- Graduates: Please report to the Theater at North, 1539 N Main Ave, Scranton, PA 18508 on Saturday, August 8, 2020, at 9:00 A.M. but no later than 9:15 A.M. (No Exceptions!)
- Guests who are not seated by 9:50 A.M. WILL NOT be admitted until the graduates are settled, thereby missing the procession.
- Please be advised that there is limited handicapped seating available.
* TICKETS ARE REQUIRED FOR COMMENCEMENT
You have devoted a considerable amount of time, effort, dedication and energy to your program of study. You should plan to be present to receive your degree. Please remember, this is a day for which you have prepared, and for which your family and loved ones have patiently waited. May you each do your part to make the occasion one we can look back upon with pride.
Please reach out to Academic Affairs with any questions regarding commencement by calling 570-702-8926.