The newly renovated Johnson College Resource Center, located in the Moffat Student Center, complements the curriculum of both the academic and technology areas. The collection offers students the resources necessary to research trade and technical issues that pertain to their fields of study. The Resource Center also offers the use of online computer services, course reserves, current textbooks, daily newspapers, wireless access, and black and white/color printing. Areas for traditional, relaxed, and group study are available. A private study room can also be reserved for students looking for a distraction-free work environment.
According to CDC guidelines, students must wear face coverings while inside the Resource Center. Hand sanitizer stations are available for use.
Databases & Research
* LIRN Library and Information Resource Network (Available within D2L)
The LIRN virtual library provides students with millions of peer-reviewed and full-text journal, magazine, newspaper articles, e-books, podcasts, audio, and video resources to support their academic studies from Gale Cengage, Proquest, EBSCO, Credo Reference, eLibrary, and more, covering topics for General Education, Business, and Medical programs.
Destiny is Johnson College’s online catalog.
Find books, CD ROMS, and DVD’s by author, title, or keyword searches.
- EBSCO eBook Community College Collection
- On the Floor @ Dove
Streamline staff training with the most realistic, affordable and extensive digital training in the industry. Our growing collection of over 450 procedural shorts show treatment skills, emergency techniques, surgical procedures, laboratory practices, anesthesia and more. Discussion videos address HR solutions and client communications. All trainings are with real patients and hospital staff (AKA nothing is staged, previously recorded or acted out!) at DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital.
- SLACK Interactive Manual Muscle Testing & Goniometry
Manual Muscle Testing covers:
- Over 60 different movements covered demonstrating both dynamic and break testing
- Against gravity, gravity minimized, palpation and common substitutions demonstrated
- Muscles and innervations listed for each movement
- Proper examiner and patient positions discussed
- Muscle grading scales discussed
- Self-assessment quiz
- Over 50 different movements covered
- Fundamental concepts discussed including degrees of freedom, end feels capsular patterns and instrumentation
- General procedure for measurement demonstrated including alternate positions
- Notation and recording addressed
- Self-assessment quiz
Through a supportive and interactive learning experience, Johnson College offers peer and professional tutoring to encourage our students in becoming independent learners who can to achieve their personal goals. Tutoring is offered free of charge for currently registered students.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
Closed on weekends and holidays.
Johnson College Resource Center