Johnson College accepts qualified students regardless of race, religion, disability or national origin. Admission to Johnson College is based on an evaluation of the applicant’s desire, ability, and potential for success. Applicants will be judged not only on their scholastic achievement and abilities, but also on their intellectual, physical, emotional and behavioral capacities to meet the essential requirements of the school’s curriculum. The College reserves the right to deny admission or readmission to any student if, in the opinion of the College authorities, his/her admission is not in the best interest of the student or the College. At a minimum, applicants must have a high school diploma, or its equivalent.
Applicants are encouraged to arrange for a campus visit and a personal information session with a Recruitment Advisor. Appointments may also be made to meet with appropriate faculty and current students.
Steps to Apply
- STEP 1
APPLY TO JOHNSON COLLEGE
Apply Online Here.
1. Complete an application online or in person. An application fee or waiver code will be required.
Apply In Person:
3427 N. Main Avenue,
Scranton, PA 18508
- STEP 2
SUBMIT OFFICIAL HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS.
2. The applicant must have the following items sent to the Enrollment Office:
- Official High School Transcripts from every high school attended or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) (GED policy below)
- If applicable, an official copy of Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) Scores
- If applicable, an official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended
- It is strongly recommended that all applicants provide their Recruitment Advisor with any items they believe will provide them with the best opportunity for acceptance (resume, letters of recommendation, certifications, etc.)
- Based on information provided will determine if a placement test is needed
Note: Health Science Programs will require additional documentation. Please see program webpages for details.
Applicants should submit official high school transcripts, Pennsylvania Homeschool Diploma or GED to:
3427 North Main Avenue
Scranton, PA 18508
- STEP 3
APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – Apply Online here. Johnson College Federal School Code (014734)
- Apply for the Pennsylvania State Grant (PHEAA) – Apply Online here.
- If enrolling in a certificate program that is not State Grant eligible please visit the PA Tip Grant website here.
- STEP 4
Register and Attend D2L Training and Orientation. More information will be provided on these sessions closer to the start of the semester.